Skywards Future Artists aims to discover exciting new talent in contemporary art and showcase their work worldwide.
Open to any person practising art as an amateur artist, art student or self-taught artist from anywhere in the world. The three winning artists will each receive US$5,000 of prize money and if they are art students, their Art institution would be recognised with a special award of US$2,000.
Winning submissions will also be displayed on a range of communications materials, including our frequent flyer Skywards membership cards, and will be fully credited to the winning artists, giving them unprecedented global coverage and recognition.
Call for entries
Chose the theme that most inspires you, whether it’s Endless Opportunities, A Brighter Future or Global Citizens.
You may enter one or more of the briefs, but please make only one submission for each brief.
This year we’re aiming to make the Skywards Future Artists competition bigger and better as we broaden our scope to champion the work of emerging artists. One of them could be you.
Brief 1 – Endless Opportunities
Your submission needs to encapsulate the theme of Endless Opportunities.
Brief 2 – A Brighter Future
Your submission needs to encapsulate the theme of A Brighter Future.
Brief 3 – Global Citizens
Your submission needs to encapsulate the theme of Global Citizens.
- You must be over the age of 18.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted before 25.06.2012 at 23:59 GMT.
- Your work must be created solely by yourself.
- Your work must not have been used for any commercial purposes.
- Artists must not have exhibited work on public display on more than five occasions.
- Accepted media: Painting/Illustration, Photography/ Digital Media, 3D (Sculpture, Glass, Ceramics).
8. (under 5MB) and submit a description of how your work meets the brief at skywardsfutureartists.com
- Winning artists will be required to submit their original artwork to Skywards, so please ensure that artwork dimensions allow for easy packaging and transportation.
- If you win,you must be willing to agree to assign, transfer and convey all rights to the Artwork to and all intellectual property rights attached to it to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- To the extent any applicable legal system does not accept such transfer of copyright itself, you must be willing to agree to grant Skywards an exclusive worldwide perpetual right and licence to use, reproduce and modify your work.
Entry into the competition implies that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Full terms and conditions are available at skywardsfutureartists.com
There will be three stages of judging for the Skywards Future Artists competition.
Every entry is judged based on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for use in marketing
Skywards will choose a maximum of 75 pieces of artwork for each brief.
These pieces of artwork will then be judged by a panel of highly regarded industry professionals and experts in the second stage of judging.
The panel of judges will then create a shortlist of
entries which will total two per category, per brief resulting in six shortlisted entries per brief. The shortlist will then
be judged by Skywards members in the third stage of judging through a voting process on the website.
• Do take time to read the brief carefully as it’s important to consider our global audience.
• Check your entry meets our theme values.
• Do not send us a card design. Our aim is to discover emerging artists with something fresh and original to say.
• Avoid any words in your art as this will limit its global appeal.
• Don’t include the Emirates or Skywards logo.
• Don’t include any religious symbols.
• Consider cultural sensitivity in your entry.
• Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
• Ensure each individual entry belongs to one of the following categories – Photography/Digital Media, Painting/Illustration or 3D.
• Any submission that doesn’t meet these criteria will not be put forward to the next stage.
Employees of Emirates or Dnata, their subsidiaries or their advertising agencies and family members of any such employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition.